Political leaders are constantly under immense pressure and (especially during a campaign) they work extremely hard. At the same time they have to stay fresh and alert in order to create a good impression in the media, interact well with voters and leave their mark at political rallies. Enabling them to do so is another major task of the campaign team , this leadership training will create an ideal environment for them to function in.
Political leadership is a complex process by which persons in power influence their followers, civil society and wider public to accomplish societal goals.
Political leaders are necessary for initiating as well as for hastening the process of change in any society. It may be social and/or economic change, constitutional change or political change. In all these processes of change, political leadership plays an important role. Political leaders carry out the process of change by applying their leadership attributes like politically relevant beliefs, socially adored values, generally approved character, wide knowledge and wisdom acquired through learning and experience.
Objective: After this Leadership Skills training course, delegates will:
- Gain greater understanding of a leader’s responsibilities.
- Create and maintain an efficient, effective, and motivated team.
- Maximize your team performance by understanding human behaviour and focusing on the needs
- Improve your ability to communicate with the team and your customers.
- Strengthen your techniques for managing the performance of the team
Course Layout: Leadership skills
- The principles of leadership
- How people lead and influence others
- Types of power leaders possess
- Techniques for developing power
- Attributes of effective leaders
- Who does the leader serve?
Course Layout : Motivation
- Principles of motivation
- Motivation techniques to use with your team
- Factors affecting motivation
Course Layout : Relationship Management
- Building productive relationships with others
- Techniques for influencing others
- Techniques for building rapport with different personalities
- The concepts and importance of communication
- Preferred communication channels, methods, and styles
- Verbalizing expectations in a clear manner
- Breaking down barriers to create effective communications of the individual and the team.
Course Layout : Decision Making, Delegation, and Problem Solving
- Decision making elements
- Making decisions with confidence
- S.M.A.R.T. outcome criteria
- Delegation principles
- Proven problem solving approaches
- Common pitfalls in effective decision making
Course Layout : Performance Management
- Effective performance management
- Leaders’ responsibilities for evaluating, reprimanding, and counselling staff
- Preparing for performance management discussions
- Conducting performance management discussions
- Evaluating performance expectations objectively
Course Layout : Political Skills
6 aspects of Political Skill as a Politician
- Top 5 qualities of Good Political Leader
- What makes a Great Political Leader ” Great”?
- What is political greatness?
- Can political greatness be thought?
- Traits of Political Leader’s
Course Layout : Understanding & Check List of every Politician
- Research Communications and media
- Speaking in public
- Debating Organization
- Campaign plan
- Party and campaign funding
- Materials and events
- Canvassing Policy development
- Forming a coalition
- The art of political opposition
- Fighting your political opponents
- Political crisis management
- Briefly describe instructional methods
- Class discussion/Virtual discussions
- Role- Plays