Content and Outcomes
The Foundations of Leadership
- Investigate what ‘Leadership’ means in today’s businesses, and how it
differs from yesterday’s concept of ‘Management’.
- Gain an understanding of ‘Employee Empowerment’, and the Leader’s role
in inspiring people to perform at their greatest potential.
Principles of Effective Goal Setting
- Understand the importance of goal setting in generating results
- Follow guidelines for setting goals for achievement and success
- Rewarding or Correcting People’s Behaviour
- Become aware of the power of reward, recognition and positive
- Clarify the distinction between Extrinsic and Intrinsic rewards, and consider ways of maximising the perception of both.
- Develop an approach to correcting people’s mistakes which leads to improved performance and confidence.
- Follow a plan for ‘progressive discipline’ to address poor performance or Conducting Appraisal Meetings
- Understand the importance of measuring and monitoring performance, and providing formalized feedback to inspire enhanced it.
- Adopt an approach for continual assessment, and 360 degree reviews, to make preparation for performance reviews unbiased and comprehensive.
- Explore a proven structure to the performance appraisal meeting, with a step by step outline of content and strategy.
- Enhance rapport-building, questioning, and listening skills to ensure open communication.